Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fanime Stock 3

Roses.  Roses as far as the eye can see.

I might have gone a little overboard on roses.

For all the bobby pins, snap clips, barrettes and pin backs, my plan was to have a selection of roses, bows and hearts.  Except I didn't stop to figure out how many and what color of each before starting, just figuring I'd use a bunch of older yarns to get rid of them.  And I ended up with a lot of roses.  I'll probably have to clump them to use them all.  They'll probably look better that way anyhow.

The larger ones I'll make calyxes for and attach to hot dog sticks for long-stemmed roses.  I'm sure those'll be popular, but I probably need to make more red and white ones.

There's a handful of bows at this point, just an easy ch 25, turn and sc back across for 24 st until 3-5 rows high, folding in both ends and stitching together before pinching and wrapping yarn around to make the 'knot.'  I'd like to make more and slightly larger ones for the pin backs to make bowties.

I've just started on hearts, which are thinner and more curly than I expected.  I think I'm going to have to double them up and maybe even poke a little stuffing in them to make them do what I want them to.  They'll work out in the end, though, and look lovely on snap clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment