Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fanime Stock 5

Cozies.  Oh glob, so many cozies!  I really hope they hit it off as bracelets/armbands as well.  Not everyone drinks hot beverages from coffee/tea shops.

I've drawn out all my roughs so I know what each character cozy is going to look like.  I've got something like 80 designs and have estimated I'm going to have about 370 cozies by time I'm done generating stock.  I've started by making the base color cozies, ch 36-38 and sc 9 times around (sl st + ch 1 at the seam to make it even), and will add the edge contrast after the bases are made.  That way I'm not constantly switching yarn and figuring out what color needs to go where.

I've done pink, grey, some green and a lot of orange so far and will be taking my tub with me while roadtripping these upcoming weeks.  I will have a right mess of cozies in the coming days.  I probably need to buy another skein of orange, yellow, white and a few others.  White's an incredibly popular color based on the designs I've done.

After the contrast color is added, then I get to have fun with felt to make the characters come to life.  Totally looking forward to that part.  Super glue, thread and patterns everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment