Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lace Choker

My Vampire: The Masquerade LARP character found herself with something of paramour who gifted each of her personalities their own choker. Because our game doesn't often get actual visuals for things like appearance, weapons or costuming, I opted to go ahead and try to make one of the pieces as described by the other player.

Using the same hook as for the Nerenya sweater and some baby weight synthetic white yarn, I whipped up this 1.5 to 2-inch height rectangle. With a slightly larger hook, I made a chain with lavender yarn to serve as a tie closure threaded through the cut out design along the bottom. By cutting strips of leftover black felt from Fanime and stitching them together for length, I made the middle accent. Finally, I pulled a necklace with a lavender chain and mirror pendant from the collection I inherited from my grandmother and wove that through the cut out design along the top.

It's simple and effective and evokes the feel of the piece perfectly.

This is my first and possibly last full project after Fanime for a while, as I've come to realize that the pain in my wrist is more than fatigue brought on by crocheting for a month straight.

Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment