Thursday, November 17, 2011

Big Enough

On one of my adventures in Japan, my friend and I finally found the local craft shop.  He'd been sad for quite a while because he couldn't find a hat in the country that fit him, so I told him to pick out what yarn he wanted and I'd make him one.  He picked out some heavier weight red and black and wanted them together.

Luckily one of the hooks I'd picked up at the 100 yen store was big enough to work two yarns together.  When I had the main body done, it just looked a bit too plain, so I pulled some of the smaller balls I'd purchased out and did the trim and ball on top for accent.

This little beauty is what resulted, and I have to say that I was quite pleased with the result.  Technically my first commission ever, even if I didn't make anything other than good feelings off of it.

Made with 1 ball each red and black wool, 1 ball each red and black chenille fun yarn and a size 8 crochet hook.

Project pre-dates blog: Specific details unavailable.

No comments:

Post a Comment