Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grasshopper Pie

I got bored one night and found a bunch of patterns that interested me from Michaels, including one for pie and ice cream.  A friend's birthday was coming up and because I'm out of state most of the year and because of his love of pie, I decided I would send him some.

I went through my yarn stash and pulled out the mint green I used on the sweater for Nerenya and a couple squares of brown I'd gotten from a random bag from a friend.  I tracked down the size 4 hook I used for the first baby sweater and was set.  In just a few hours while I was at work, I cranked out the crust and the filling, only stopping because my bag of fiber fill was at home.

It makes a wonderful projectile and solves the problem of how one mails pie to someone 600 miles away so that they can still enjoy it upon arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment