Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Scarf

One of the first things I made after I taught myself to purl was this mint green and brown/copper scarf.  It was originally supposed to be for myself, but because my boyfriend-at-the-time's favorite color was green and I didn't have a holiday gift for him yet, it turned into one.  To be fair, he treasured it and was legitimately heartbroken that he lost it, but it's one of the little things I'll probably never quite get completely over.

It was alternating chunks pure green purl and green/brown knit with two-tone tassels.  I only messed up one stitch, and such was because I went through the yarn rather than around it and hence had an odd little runt-stitch.  Otherwise it was absolutely perfect.

22 stitches wide, 10 row high purl, 8 row high knit (except the ends, which were 15).  I want to say the needles used were size 5 or 7.  I don't recall how many repetitions there were and this is the sole surviving photographic evidence.

If I were to attempt it again, it would need something to keep it from curling.  Despite the knit anchors, the purl was still strong enough the whole scarf rolled up length-wise.

Project pre-dates blog: Specific details unavailable.

No comments:

Post a Comment