Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mr. Fats

While I was in Japan, I picked up a bunch of Pretty Mohair with the intention of making parting gifts for my host family.  For my 3-year-old host-nephew, I decided to make a stuffed animal.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to make, so I just kinda went with it and Mr. Fats is what resulted.

He's a hodgepodge of leftover yarn and experimentation, and for such is rather adorable.

Mr. Fats was made piece by piece - each color change or half circle/oval was made independently and stitched together (which is why his head looks funny).  He's stuffed, but his head is under-stuffed and his body is over-stuffed, hence his name.

He was quite the hit among my host mother and host sisters, though the nephew he was intended for didn't take to him as quickly as I might have hoped.  I just hope he stood up to a toddler.

Again, he's mostly Pretty Mohair (purple mix, pastel rainbow and green), save the blue, which is a thicker yarn.  He was done with a size 5 crochet hook (which wasn't nearly small enough but was the smallest I had).

Project pre-dates blog: Specific details unavailable.

No comments:

Post a Comment