Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sky and White

I've made a number of dice bags in my day.  The first one was for myself just to prove I could - I had an excess of white yarn, so it's pure white and I didn't know how to make circles yet, so it's a rectangle folded with attached side panels.  More recently was a dark blue medley (the same yarn used here) almost tall enough for a wine bottle, with beaded drawstrings.  Then a green medley with white and yellow-pink-blue tinsel stripes.

This is the most recent one, made in a couple hours over two days right in front of its recipient, who couldn't guess what it was until I pulled the drawstrings through.  I hate working on a present in front of someone, but at the same time, when they can't figure out what it is and at least express some interest in its creation, it's fun.

It has almost a pear shape, because I started it too big and had to reduce.  It almost looks like one of those funny-shaped pots and I really rather like it.  Once I figured out what I would have to do to make it work, I had this vision of what I wanted it to look like in my head and it turned out exactly how I envisioned.

The white is the leftover Sugar 'n Cream from the Bender Hat, the blues are from a previous project as mentioned above.

Project pre-dates blog: Specific details unavailable.

No comments:

Post a Comment