Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nerenya

Pleased with the experience from the first pattern, I tried another one, pattern 106, for another couple of expectant friends.  This one was also only the sweater.

Knowing the mother wasn't a fan of stereotypical boy and girl colors, I debated for the longest time between mint green and lavender, eventually settling on the mint green, which I was quite pleased with.

I had to pull it out and start over because I realized I was adding stitches because I didn't understand the pattern, but once I figured it out, it was almost intuitive.  I only had to reference the pattern a few times to make sure I was doing the right number of stitches.  The main body used the back loops of the stitches, giving the sweater a delightful texture of ridges and valleys.

This piece was a lot of fun and turned out absolutely gorgeous with a slender white ribbon with silver trim as the tie-closure and its "bead" trim around the whole piece.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture before I presented it to dad to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment