Thursday, November 17, 2011

Zaage Scarf 2

Also in Japan, I made my Vampire: the Masquerade live-action role-play character a new scarf, as the original one I knitted a number of years ago was starting to show its age.

The yarn was 105 yen a ball, just over a dollar.  I picked up two orange, one green and one purple and was quite content with myself until I actually started crocheting.  My color vision was not happy for the duration of this project, but the compliments I've gotten on its loudness have been well worth it.

One of my first longer (length-wise) projects, I ended up tightening my stitches as I went, so the whole thing twists pretty badly when worn.  There are probably a vast number of things I could do to try and fix the problem, but I'm content with it how it is, so I'll be leaving it.

The scarf ends reach just above my ankles (I'm 5-foot-4) when wrapped around my neck once.

Project pre-dates blog: Specific details unavailable.

No comments:

Post a Comment